2 angles on the contemporary world – the bible’s and the postmodernist’s
some of you may be interested in the fact that two recent series of talks are now available to download for FREE on iTunes. I suppose they complement one another a bit, in that both were recorded at 1-day seminars at All Souls in the last year and both seek to present the big picture – the first of the Bible, the second of western culture over the last 1000 years or so!
Just click on the images to get the respective link
These 5 talks trace the Bible’s story under the banner theme of HOPE – what gives us hope today? The foundational verse is:
For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope. Romans 15:4
A journey in 5 parts:
- 1. ESTABLISHED HOPES: Genesis to Babel
- 2. FOUNDATIONAL HOPES: Abraham to Moses
- 3. DISAPPOINTED HOPES: Joshua to Exile
- 4. REALISED HOPES: Exiled People to Jesus People
- 5. ENDURING HOPES: Last Days to Last Day
Referring to all kinds of movies, songs, works of art, this traces the worldview journey taken in the west over the last 1000 years – it is necessarily brief and a birds-eye view, but it will hopefully provide a helpful introduction and map for understanding our so-called ‘postmodern’ world.
- 1. Where have we come from?
- 2. Where on earth are we?
- 3. Where do we go from here?