Why I’m so thrilled the book has an orange cover.
Well, Tim Chester has done it, so I feel i can do the same. It seems that the trendies of UCCF have gotten creative – and produced a students 10 must-read list for the recent New Word Alive spoofing TV programmes and ads (from Antiques Roadshow to The Office via Top Gear, Jamie Oliver and M&S food ads). Pretty funny really. Although, I suppose I’m a little confused (call me narrow) why the guy who did my book (who I’m sure is a very lovely bloke) started riffing on why he’d like to be an orange with everyone wanting to peel him. Weird. I wonder what he would have come up with if it still had the old cover (see right).
For info, the books are:
- Glory Days, Julian Hardyman (IVP)
- Cross-Examined, Mark Meynell (IVP)
- Out of the Salt-Shaker, Rebecca Manley-Pipert (IVP)
- Dig Deeper, Nigel Beynon & Andrew Sach (IVP)
- Delighting in the Trinity, Tim Chester (Lion)
- Let the Nations be Glad, John Piper (IVP)
- Battles Christians Face, Vaughan Roberts (Authentic)
- Sex is not the problem (Lust is), Joshua Harris (Multnomah)
- The Devoted Life – Introduction to the Puritans, Kelly Kapic & Randall Gleason (IVP)
- God’s New Community, Graham Beynon (IVP)
HT also to Dave Bish