Q marks the spot – Treasure Map 1 (Oct 2008)
Having said that one of the values of blogs is that they can be like treasure maps to give pointers to the morass that is the internet. So here be launched the more or less monthly Quaerentia Treasure Map.
- 6 wise words for Freshers – from Ed Goode’s DELIGHTED.
- 6 tips for living with singleness – from Ros Clarke’s CONVERSATIONAL THEOLOGY
- 10 Commandments for Bloggers – c/o the Evangelical Alliance.
- On iTunesU – RTS has made available FOR FREE some excellent lectures. Lots of treasure here but I’m working through ‘Preaching Christ in a Postmodern World‘ by the double act of the late great Ed Clowney and Tim Keller. Fantastic stuff.
- Palestinian Mosab Hassan Yousef, the Son of one of Hamas founders becomes Christian: an extraordinary story.
- Atlas of the Real World – some fascinating maps based on a range of data other than geography.
- Amazing photos showing what’s involved to the the Space Shuttle ready for a flight
- George Orwell’s ‘Ironic Poem about Prostitution‘
- How to hide an aircraft factory from the air
- Get your head around this photo.
- Quite fun National Flag site: we are multicolored (including make your own).
- Some mad animal hybrids
- This is old news (last July) – but have been meaning to link to this unfortunate story: woman runner-up in one horse race.
- The Front Fell Off – this is old now and has been doing the rounds – but it had me in stitches: an Australian version of Bird & Fortune.