Q marks the spot – Treasure Map 9 (June 09)
- Speak the gospel; use deeds if you have to – helpful provocations from Mark Galli in CT.
- What’s your response to this: The 7 Deadly Sin hotspots in the USA? Do you make a beeline for those States to muck in? Or to make a difference? Or to avoid them altogether? I guess how you answer might reflect how you see ministry.
- While we’re in that neck of the woods, this is quite scary: Bible verses used to gloss the war on terror. Hmmm.
- Dave Bish helpfully passes on 9 purposes of biblical genealogies.
- Genius: someone has done a cartoon version of ch1 of Neil Postman’s seminal Amusing ourselves to death! (HT Tim Chester)
- Want to know what a TRILLION DOLLARS looks like? Well, check this out.
- This is fab: the New York Times photojournalists have set up a blog with daily posts of their images. Fascinating to dip into every now and then.
- In case you’ve never encountered it before, check out the BBC’s 5 Minutes With… – all kinds of interesting people interviewed in 5 minutes flat.
- US News has a nice little series of 10 Things You Didn’t Know About… – mainly American figures inevitably, but not exclusively, from everyone to Ahmadinejad to Obama.
- This is incredible. The treasure map has done other paper art before, but nothing like this. Simon Schubert makes these simply by tiny and very accurate folds in paper. Awesome: (HT: Today & Tomorrow)
- NewsBiscuit is a national treasure – full of random false news. This is a classic – Prince Charles changes the plans for the Heavenly Jerusalem.
- What lay behind this I’ve no idea – but some bloke has gone and turned a Postman Pat kids ride into a workable car.