Q marks the spot – Treasure Map 12 (September 2009)
- J C Ryle is one of my heroes. So it’s a joy to see that one Erik Kowalker has set up a ‘fan-site’ – with a daily quote from the great man.
- Some atheists can’t hack it when Christians are given important jobs in science. Notice Sam Harris’ reaction to Obama’s appointment of former Genome Project boss, Francis Collins, to be the boss of the National Institute of Health.
“few things make thinking like a scientist more difficult than religion”
- A man who prayed for his daughter to be healed rather than take her to hospital has been found guilty of murder (and faces up to 25 years in jail).
- An ingenious charity advert designed to provoke westerners into considering the equivalent costs in Africa of their daily luxuries. It’s too big to reproduce here unfortunately.
- Check out this revealing diagram depicting the main sponsors and donors at the last US Presidential (from Good)
- Now this IS very clever: a gate made out of water – think about it…
- An idle moment is WELL SPENT browsing through National Geographic’s awesome photographic archives. They never cease to thrill, provoke and astound… Great for spicing up your desktop backgrounds.
- And on that note, check out these amazing pics of Rice padi-field art…
- Here is a nice piece of 70s nostalgia (no idea where it originates so apologies for not giving credit where it’s due). No prizes for working out why they’re all together…