Q marks the spot – Treasure Map 26 (November 2010)
- I only heard about this talk this week but listened to it immediately – Tim Keller on The Significance of JRR Tolkien – it’s fascinating. (It’s free but suggests making a donation to the great work of IAM).
- Texts are musical – Peter Leithart brilliantly unpacks the need to understand melodic lines and motifs in texts.
- Thought provoking stuff about men’s ministry
- A rarely appreciated fact: How Bible translation protects indigenous languages.
- Some stunning photographs of the Northern Lights.
- In case you missed it, here is Russell Brand on sparkling, provocative and surprisingly thoughtful form when interviewed by Paxman.
- Teens just one click away from internet porn…
- 10 Countries that Censor the Internet
- Not only is everyone borrowing from everyone in this post-credit-crunch-world, it seems that everyone is suing each other too – check out this insanity in the Telecoms world.
- Stunning photographs from Easter Island.
- The problem with Baby-Boomers – interesting insights from the BBC (HT Alex W-P)
- Check this out – an online course in the history of rock music (and yes, U2 features in chapter 11)
- Is this the tackiest house in Britain?
- Rainbow windscreens?
- I love this – a patented rowing bike… er, with no brakes.
- If you’re bored with your national flag, check this out: flags redesigned on Las Fg (geddit??)
- You can now use Google Translate to translate into Latin. Excellent. (HT 22 Words)
- Rather wonderful anecdote about the origins of one of my favourite images, Turner’s epic Rain, Steam & Speed.
- Now I’d love to be able to do this in my home…. a walk in the clouds.