Q marks the spot – Treasure Map 29 (February 2011)
- Interesting article by Mark Dever on staying in pastoral ministry for the long haul – citing the example of the 3 bachelor Cambridge men, Sibbes, Simeon and Stott.
- Neil Powell has some useful tips on having a digital detox. His is a great blog BTW and definitely worth following…
- Brian Godawa has written my favourite book on movies, Hollywood Worldviews – he’s just produced his interesting paper on a History of the Dramatic Arts.
- In case you missed it, EA has produced a Survey of UK Evangelicalism. Kouya has some questions about its usefulness…
- Q regulars will know that we have an occasional series at ASLP on Christians Facing Issues – a few months back we had one on Euthanasia, at which a powerful testimony on video from Sarah Meagher. Well she has now courageously spoken on Channel 4’s recent 4Thought.tv.
- If each US state was a country – the equivalent GDPs of different states (from the Economist).
- Wonderful new monthly photo-essay magazine online – and it’s free! LifeForce magazine
- While we’re on photography, check out JR’s building size portraits in Wrinkles of the City in Shanghai – I especially love the way the honour the special place and memories of the old
- Boris is right on the money about the changed nature of journalism because of online interaction.
- What an extraordinary legacy that Liverpool’s Everyman Theatre has…
- Want to know how to design a cool Olympic logo? Don’t look to London 2012. Check out Rio 2016 – now THAT is an Olympic logo.
- Beautiful modern stained glass structure in Copenhagen (HT the guys from KoreUK)
- Wow. Weird. Gosh. An Italian man sneezes out the bullet that shot him.
- This is fantastic – at a US convention for seniors’ carers, Mary Maxwell shows she has the timing of a professional comic, with some wonderfully wry observations about old age (HT Nancy H)
- What if the Axis powers had invaded the US in the 2WW – another cracker from Strange Maps
- How do colours affect our purchases?
- What Colonel Gadaffi thinks about the Internet!
- Check out some amazing pencil sculptures, the like of which you’ve never seen. Here are a couple of examples: