Q marks the spot – Treasure Map 45 (June 2012)
- For fans, this will be a huge treat. Abraham Kuyper’s legacy is online c/o Princeton. For others, definitely worth a browse…
- Amazing story: The Passion Play in ‘Angola’
- This sums up SO much of where our culture has come to – with Bertrand Russell’s new Liberal Decalogue, his personal 10 Commandments from way back in December 1951. Fascinating. There is a lot of practical wisdom here too.
- In the spirit of ‘I’m Sorry I haven’t a Clue’, Tom Wright sings his own overview of Genesis (and indeed whole bible) co written with Francis Collins, to the tune of the Beatles’ Yesterday
- Eddie Arthur has a short, inspiring post about an extraordinary moment the the story of the Kouya bible.
- Here is an insightful animated short from a longer interview with Bono, talking about being with his dying father:
- Remarkable photographs from apartheid-era South Africa.
- A happy jubilee story here about a Queen hugger from Uganda!
- Interesting infographic to illustrate where the global population lives, by latitude and longitude.
- Leonardo was unquestionably an artistic genius. But his contributions to medical science are remarkable too. Check out his anatomical drawings of the human body laid alongside computised representations and x-rays, in a new exhibition in London. Awe-inspiring.
- While we’re on the art theme, the Guggenheim has made its archive of exhibition catalogues and books available for free online. Some real treasures there.
- This is really interesting even if you’re not already a fan. Selection from Ernest Hemingway’s journalism for the Toronto Star is now online (site has a very nice clean feel to it too).
- The Queen’s Jubilee is upon us. Here are some rather fun royal quirks from Time
- It’s a bit of a geek delight, this one (and only registers if you know much about the record label ECM) – but here is a collection of ECM-type covers for some classic albums
- If you need to refresh your desktop, here are some fab wallpapers
- What happens when different fictional characters fight