Q marks the spot – Treasure Map 47 (August 2012)
- Nick Spencer writes the new Cambridge Paper on The Bible and Politics
- Catherine Weston has an interesting blog here reflecting on her experiences working across cultures.
- Threads is a pretty cool initiative by some media folk at EA – definitely worth following
- Fascinating New York Times op ed: can liberal Christianity survive? According to this, the answer is almost certainly not
- J I Packer has some great advice for Christian writers
- A wonderful piece about writing New Yorker profiles, including a brilliant 5 minute interview with editor David Remnick. Every interviewer should watch it.
- A terrible convergence: a near victim of one shooting ends up killed at Aurora
- Faith does a great job on her 5-min TED trial… help her get further:
- Various interesting takes on the Olympics Opening Ceremony:
- Top 10 London Olympic firsts
- The Olympic Sponsorship Bandwagon… ughhghgheh
- To put London2012 into local context, CGPGrey has another classic on what London actually is:
- This is absurdly awesome – a colour wheel based on the Queen’s wardrobe. Click to see more.
- Italo Calvino’s 14 Definitions of what makes a classic book
- 6 visualisations of the Higgs Boson … in case that helps…
- Book lovers on the future of print
- I just love this – it makes complete and perfect sense to me, and is precisely what London is missing.
- 10 untranslatable (into English) relationship words
- Interesting: 10 films that fail the Bechdel test
- 9 dumb ways to ruin a meeting (HT Gavin)