Q marks the spot – Treasure Map 48 (September 2012)
- Bart Ehrman is a widely respected atheist NT scholar – this is an important site that engages with many of his controversial (though not particularly original) assertions
- The complexities of translation: you never realised John 3:16 could be so complicated – a great little video from Wycliffe
- Phillip “Red Tory” Blond has a very interesting piece on Western Political Bankruptcy and what ‘is coming sooner than you think.’
- The “woeful lack of religious understanding at the heart of British government“
- A few Keller gems: some practical outreach tips; gospel-shaped apologetics (2nd of 2); 4 wrong answers to the ‘Why Me?’ question
- Some powerful infographics to educate about human rights issues
- Frank Viola has posted a very helpful top 10 Twitter mistakes list
- A rather wonderful Brain Pickings post on How to be an Explorer of the World
- Why do so many African leaders die in office?
- The difference between Mathematicians and Engineers… as exposed by Neil Armstrong
- To understand something of the American Right, we need to understand Why Ayn Rand is so popular
As we’re still in the (Para-)Olympics season, here’s a second and final Olympic themed list:
- Cranmer posted the wonderful image of Olympic-inspired detente above.
- Tom Daley’s Olympic Dream comes true
- Some beautiful Olympic stadiums
- Some pretty cool architectural infographics of the London 2012 venues
- But here is a photo-essay of Hackney born-and-bred Zed Nelson showing the two worlds of the Olympic Park borough.
- Another photo-essay of Olympic moments: You have to see it before it happens
- 20 lesser-spotted London2012 Olympic things
- 10 things you need to know about the Paralympics
- 12 more quirks of Britishness
- 10 misconceptions about the British monarchy
- Words cannot describe… just immerse yourself into this 4-minute compliation of time-lapse photography from Yosemite:
- Here are some priceless, classic newspaper headlines. Genius.
- Clemmie to Winston: You’re not so kind as you used to be
- Oh the folly! Another classic from Futility Closet: 100 year predictions from the 1893 World Fair
- The joys of inflated job titles
- Fonts to Faces…
- How Children Learn: school rooms from around the world
- 1920s Sydney gangster mugshots