Q marks the spot – Treasure Map 54 (March 2013)
- Is there a new US-style religious Right in the UK – Theos argues no
- Research shows that if you ‘survive’ first 10 years of marriage, you’re more likely to last the course as divorce rates for that stage haven’t shifted much
- This is a bit of a surprise for this particular blog: 10 reasons why Creationism should be taught in schools
- “Twoness that can’t be replaced by oneness” – widowed Rose Styron reflects rather wonderfully on what she misses about her late husband William Styron
- Genius, as ever: The Perfect Church Welcome Leaflet
- This is a generous and encouraging article by a key gay activist befriended by the boss of Chick-fil-A
- David Mitchell, brilliant as ever. But where do you begin to respond…?!
- Amazing: the sign of new freedoms and real change? A literary festival in Myanmar
- Speaking too soon: Hitler deemed ‘no longer to be feared’… in 1924
- Is this the future of bookshops?
- Was the moon landing faked? Just because governments lie, it doesn’t mean they always lie about everything… (HT Jake Belder)
- Who’d have predicted it? Peter Hartley & James Poole score a goal each for Hartlepool against Notts County!
- How Steven Spielberg completed his film diploma years after dropping out.
- Wikipedia is an astonishing and wondrous thing: here are some contributors talking about it
- Lovely watercolour illustrations from the great Yan Nascimbene for Italo Calvino’s books
- How William F Buckley caught Norman Mailer’s ego in the act
- A Finnish photographer in 1970s Newcastle: some remarkable b/w shots
- Norwegians have a special relationship with fire… apparently.
- It’s rather schmaltzy and sentimental – but it is beautifully made: the Oscar-winning new short from Disney