Q marks the spot – Treasure Map 59 (August 2013)
- Some very helpful advice on how to approach reading intimidatingly old classics of theology and philosophy
- Are we exploiting church interns?
- Are sex offenders the modern lepers? The BBC reports on an extraordinary but vital ministry in an unusual Florida town
- The Six Types of Atheist from Andrew Brown
- Tyndale House in Cambridge have produced a superb online collection of bible tools: STEP (Scripture Tools for Every Person)
- Important words from one of Jim Packer’s books about the dangers of the numbers game.
- Ten Basic Facts about the biblical canon that every Christian should memorise from CanonFodder
- Jake Belder on cracking form with his inquiry into CofE baptism advice
- Very powerful: 10 jargon phrases for an autistic son
- Some deeply affecting colour images of beautiful, ordinary people in Nazi-occupied Poland from TimeLife
- Helpful guide to Nelson Mandela’s very complicated family tree
- The Last Resort: The Prime Minister’s letter to the commanders of British nuclear submarines
- Konrad Kellen: the remarkable story of a man who could have ended the Vietnam War
- This is a great spoof Pixar style take on the NSA
- Some very British problems; and while we’re on the subject of the peculiarities of Brits, here’s a nice little piece on British queueing
- It’s a bit of a creepy idea: getting complete strangers to touch and pose together for the camera as if they were friends but it’s surprisingly moving.
- Satirically updated corporate logos
- Definitely worth scrolling through these Soviet-era bus-stops. Who says the communists didn’t occasionally get creative?
- Wonderfully exposed: book cover cliché – here are my faves