Q marks the spot – Treasure Map 69 (June 2014)
- God raises the dead – even for preachers like Chris!
- Why Emily Letts filmed her own abortion…
- The Twitter Disconnect: Why Christians are more loving in real life… some good stuff here
- A Nick Cave service??! Looks a lot of fun (H/T Maggi)
- What happens to Iran’s new Christians?
- More on the Jesus’ wife fragment from Tyndale House + Simon Gathercole interview about God becoming Jesus
- On the whole business of the Evangelical Alliance and Steve Chalke: I’m largely in sympathy with EA’s decision despite a lot of the negative (and frankly unfair press). After all, no one is claiming that the EA is the entirety of the church. Some good pieces here: Andrew Wilson defends the EA; Ian Paul offers a good overview of the issues; Matt Hosier on taking offence etc
- A classic from the inimitable Dave Walker:
- This is a surprising chart: the relative sizes of different industries globally – as John Naughton points out, the music industry is minute relatively speaking
- Is there a crisis in the UK of masculinity? Isabel Hardman seems to think so
- Mary Beard on the paradox of growing old in the UK
- Our internet surveillance world is not Orwellian but Kafkaesque, argues John Naughton.
- Oops… getting the maths a bit wrong… on a grand scale
- Jonny Geller on what makes a good literary agent
- Turkish dating show contestant double murderer … of his ex wife and lover… oops
- West Wing fans will like this…
- This is truly inspiring… watch the whole thing:
Read more from 20th Century, 21st Century, advertising, Africa, Americas, apologetics, art & painting, arts, atheism, beauty, bible, christian experience, Christianity, church, culture, faith, genius, God, internet, Islam, leadership, maps, Middle East, Oxford, photos, poetry, power, REAL life, religion, social media, technology, worldviews