Q marks the spot – Treasure Map 75 (December 2014)
Hurrah! Q Treasure Maps have reached a 3/4 Century!
- I know a number of the people involved in making this doc on Jesus’ claims to be the Son of God – made in Turkey for those from that part of the world. Looks great!
- The Pope draws in Tom Wright, Rick Warren, Michael Nazir-Ali and others to the discussion about family. Unprecedented?
- In particular, here is fmr UK Chief Rabbi, Lord Sacks’ remarkable speech in full.
- Ros Clarke is an old friend who recently completed a PhD on the interpretation of the Song of Songs – she’s set up a great website to offer the fruit of all her labours more widely.
- Well this is actually quite cool: a solar-powered audio bible and mp3 player for people in the majority world.
- Emma Scrivener has a good simple piece on perseverance.
- The mysterious disappearance of a celebrity preacher in 1926… had no idea about Aimee McPherson
- Hafez: The book in every Iranian home (interesting BBC FOOC piece)
- The mendacity of memes: Isabel Hartman exposes those parliament memes
- An interesting post by the US Ambassador to the UK about the poppy field at the Tower
- Flickr Album from the Rosetta comet landing project.
- Berlin’s way of marking the 25th anniversary of the fall of the Berlin Wall was stunning:
- Some of the WW1 Battlefields 100 years on (see right – Newfoundland Memorial Park, in Beaumont Hamel)
- Six unexpected WW1 Battlefields
- The drone-film of the Poppies around the Tower of London is very moving indeed:
- Just been sent info about this – looks like lots of great stuff coming here: How to start blogging
- The Leonardo portrait hidden from Hitler in case it gave him secret powers
- I love these: COSMIGRAPHICS – picturing the universe over the centuries
- UK National Air Traffic Control produces another great time-lapse of Britain’s skies:
- 10 ways Introverts interact with the world
- The Boss’s favourite reading: great list of influential
- What are the odds of this happening? A bird lands on its own page in the bird book (HT Twisted Sifter)
- List of 50 best spy movies – some brilliant here, some not so… XX Committee is pretty dismissive – but names 5 real classics
- Transparent Home: not sure I could cope with living in this house, but it is inspiring architecture nevertheless.
- On the anniversary of Lincoln’s Gettysburg Address, John Naughton linked to this brilliant Powerpoint version to show the horror that is an inept presentation
- Totally with John Oliver here – gives me real hope for humanity… just superb.