Q marks the spot – Treasure Map 76 (January 2015)
HAPPY NEW YEAR! Have a fab 2015
watch this space because there are some big changes afoot for Quaerentia in the coming months…!!
- AN Wilson on cracking form: it’s the Gospel truth – so take it or leave it
- Ministry through the dark night: very helpful consoling piece by someone (!?) about depression and despair in ministry
- Interesting piece in the Washington Post: Gay Christians choosing celibacy emerge from the shadows
- Jake Belder has a nice post about the church calendar, to accompany a great little explanatory video
- Interesting interview with Keith Getty on being a modern hymnwriter
- The passing of an extraordinary man: Sir Fred Catherwood Guardian obit; Elaine Storkey’s reflection on Fulcrum; Julia Cameron in the Independent
- You may have seen this when this first appeared in the Guardian in 2013 – but it’s so true – why everyone in pastoral ministry should read fiction.
- Toni Popov is a Macedonian Christian friend with quite a story – here’s his site about his art including his picture a day project
- This is a lot of fun (HT Brigitte H)
- “If you agree this should go to the home secretary, we shall need to recover it from handbag.” Great piece about Margaret Thatcher’s presence everywhere on government papers and other scrawlings!
- If you’ve got the time, this extended profile of Angela Merkel in the New Yorker by the great George Packer is superb
- Paul Graham on “Mean people fail”… interesting
- Ok – this is for an ad for Airbus but it’s pretty impressive:
- An amazing animation of the development of the human in utero.
- The response of the station attendant to the astronaut who appeared at a Commuter railway station is just marvellous.
- For fans of HBO’s The Wire – scenes then and now
- I love these: Heroes and villains as Flemish paintings
- How do you put out an oil fire? Use a reconditioned tank and MiG fighter jet, that’s how.
- Love these clear sky night shots by Ben Coffman, on the lines of this one in Oregon: