Q marks the spot – Treasure Map 60 (September 2013)
by Mark Meynell
- Why a Rabbi went to Saddleback – very moving
- 10 things a vicar needs to hear often… hint hint….
- Cranmer is trenchant as ever: Christians may be bombed but Muslims can’t be gassed.
- A searching question for young preachers’ preparation
- Emma Scrivener gives some characteristically sage advice when with friends struggling with infertility
- 50 years on: Martin Luther King’s dream revisited
- Very interesting and subversive of popular assumptions: 40 maps that show the world in a new light (HT Kouya)
- Is the pricing of airline tickets a form of socialist redistribution of wealth?!
- Was Abraham Maslow right about the hierarchy of human needs?
- Beautiful photographs from cruelly forgotten African American Louis H Draper
- 17 problems only a book-lover will understand - too true
- Through the Language Glass is one of the most extraordinary books I’ve ever read. Drawn from it, here are various key foreign words without English equivalents.
- Reflections from an American on living in the UK for 18 years
- The great Mad Man himself, David Ogilvy, writing to his great nephew about whether to go to University.
- A gargoyle from Alien?!
- This is a very powerful and poignant ad (HT Ads of the World)
Read more from 20th Century, 21st Century, advertising, Americas, art & painting, arts, beauty, bible, christian experience, church, culture, faith, God, internet, maps, photos, poetry, REAL life, religion, Second World War, social media, space, worldviews