Q marks the spot – Treasure Map 7 (Apr 2009)
- Carson on the New Perspective(s) on Paul – have been listening to these 3 from RTS on iTunesU. REALLY helpful. If you’ve not discovered RTS’ stuff there’s a lot of treasure to sift through.
- Some naughty sacred treasure (if that’s possible) - the most anti-essential Christian books. (HT – The Simple Pastor)
- In case you missed it, here is Ally Gordon’s compelling picture for the The Factory, in Wimbledon.
- Is Food the New Sex? – interesting article from Washington Post (HT – Paul Carter)
- We’ve forgotten how to face death – brilliant piece by Johann Hari in the Independent (HT – Nancy Heeb)
- Obama’s prayer partners/pastors – interesting article in New York Times. (HT – Ben Witherington) Interesting to read there that George W Bush never joined a Washington church in the 8 years of his presidency.
- Now this is a GREAT idea – every mayor should be weighed at the start and end of his/her reign (see right). Weight gain is deemed to be the result of tax-payer’s expense! (HT Futility Closet)
- Abraham Lincoln’s pocket watch bears a secret message inscribed by his watch repairer!
- Welsh toast cutter – for Welsh people who like toast… and Wales.
- Why Facebook is for Old Fogies! Intriguing Time article! (HT Raquel Medina Megolla)
- Wiki has a wonderful compilation of modern misconceptions. As you look down the list, I bet you fell into a few traps.
- Lethologica is the inability to remember a word – can you remember these? Answers here.
And finally, there’s this:
- Telecoms in the 90s; Check out this retro (if rather slow-moving) joy – esp. note the narrator’s rather crazed gaze into the camera, and the completely wooden acting. Roll on the 90s…! (HT John Naughton)