Q marks the spot – Treasure Map 82 (July 2015)
- Ding Dong the witch is dead: if you’ve missed this, it is a must read – a harrowing account of a pastor who is a survivor of horrendous child abuse
- Turkish Armenians with previously hidden Christian heritage are returning to Christianity from Islam
- Phil Whittall has a very good piece on the issue of transhumanism (after the discussion between Peter Thiel and NT Wright)
- And while we’re on issues of human beings, I was pretty appalled by these ads for condoms… what about you?
- Interesting explanation on SCOTUS’s recent acceptance of same-sex marriage; and why Chief Justice Roberts opposed it
- World War 1 casualties as a proportion of national populations… there are some genuine shocks in this map.
- And while we’re at it, another map, but probably no more than an idle fantasy, redrawing the borders of the Middle East on ethnic grounds.
- And how about some more: 32 in fact – each one quite revealing
- Now this looks like an ingenious safety innovation: TV screens on trucks
- Chilling – an interactive time-map of slaveships across the atlantic
- 15 Stunning top entries to the 2015 National Geographic Photographic competition
- Everyone NEEDS a crochet’d food hat… and I mean, EVERYONE
- A Jordanian fashion designer does some rather amazing things with his sketches
- Proportional Pie Chart of all the world’s main languages
- 30 most edited Wikipedia pages of all time – including not a few surprises
- I’ve linked to this guy’s stuff on previous treasure maps – this time he imagines Film Directors’ homes
- Breathtaking: a symphony from the International Space Station